As many of you may have heard, Hillel is pursuing legal action against the CSU. Hillel has issued the following appeal to Concordia students:
As you may know, Concordia Hillel has filed suit against the CSU for failing to provide us with due process when passing a motion to ban Hillel on campus, thereby violating our right of association, expression, and religion.
Following a meeting with our lawyer, Michael Bergman, the following is what we need from the students at Concordia who feel the CSU does not represent them, (or has not in the past) and feel their rights have been violated:
We need students to come to the Hillel house on Sunday December 15th @ 11:00 a.m. (3460 Stanley street) prepared to make a statement if you feel you have been offended by the actions (or lack thereof) of the CSU. Only Concordia students came make statements, but non-Concordia students are welcome to help us prepare for trial.
We need help sorting through the piles of evidence we have against the CSU.
The following is what we need help researching specifically:
- Everything about the CSU meeting December 2nd, when the motion was passed to ban Hillel on campus
- Chronology of events surrounding the Benjamin Netanyahu visit
- Any anti-Semitic, or anti-Zionist materials published, speakers or events approved by the CSU (last year’s agenda, SPHR’s tombstone display, posters put up by the SPHR approved by the CSU, emphasis on the role of the CSU and CSU executives in any of these events, etc)
- Violations of the moratorium
- How the CSU controls space on campus
- Anti-Israel, Anti-Semitic resolutions passed by the CSU over the past two years
If you have any personal knowledge of any or all of the above, and you’re a Concordia student, please take the time to go over there and make a statement.